Wednesday, September 05, 2007

CITIZEN ACTIVISM GETS A LIFT FROM BILL CLINTON

I'm not big on promoting political figures, but I certainly think Bill Clinton's Foundation website offers a nice way to read and share a "giving story". Clinton's new book, "Giving--How Each of Us Can Change the World" is just getting launched this week with solid media backing and although I haven't seen nor read the book, of course, I think it's a great way to perpetuate action and change in our society. According to the Boston Globe Clinton's book, although scattered and dry, may be an effective resource for giving. I sure hope so.

I like the idea of giving time, money and skills to help others in need. I've been doing it myself for many years. Each of us really does have the power to change the world. Now if only more of us would truly believe it...

Clinton's book is in step with Time Magazine which features The Case for National Service. Included in the report is a commentary by Caroline Kennedy on "Making a Difference at Home," as well as another place to share how you serve the community. I've written in the past about the US Public Service Academy and they too are featured in the article. Listen to the podcast

No comments: